This is the third release of new firmware for the SMRT units. The last release of the SMRT firmware was in August 2011. This firmware upgrade applies to all SMRT units (SMRT1/SMRT36). The latest firmware upgrade provides the following:
• Added security communications decoding for use with STVI and AVTS 4.1 software.
You must first download and install the new STVI and/or AVTS 4.1 software programs before you install the new SMRT firmware. Because of the added security, the older versions of STVI and AVTS software programs will not communicate with the new SMRT firmware.
• Software can now address up to 9 channels of voltages, and currents (3 SMRT36 units interconnected) and with convertible voltage channels up to 18 currents.
• When using the “Last VIGEN” as the battery simulator, Auto-Off feature will not turn off the last voltage channel (being used as the battery simulator) when the relay trips.
• Made the battery simulator output variable using the STVI control knob, the PC up/down cursor keys, or the mouse control wheel.
• The digital feedback loop stays on down to 30 mA, thus improving the accuracy at very low test currents.
• Added changes to improve the SMRT calibration.
All new units being shipped as of February 8, 2012 already have the new firmware installed.
For your convenience there are two ways for you to get the new STVI and SMRT firmware upgrades:
1 Upgrade via Megger Website
To download the latest firmware from the Megger website, first make sure that you have registered with us, then
1. Get the serial number of your unit.
2. Go to www.megger.com
3. Log in. If you have not registered before you will need to do so first.
4. Go to Software Downloads
5. Click on SMRT and/or SMRT
6. You will see instructions to enter the serial number of the SMRT unit, and then click on Continue. The serial number is 12 digits long. Make sure you enter all 12 digits correctly.
2 Upgrade via Compact Disk
Where internet access may not be available or blocked on your computer, we have available a CD with the latest version of firmware on it (part number 81567). Contact your local Megger representative to order a copy of the firmware today.