- Direct 2-channel digital reading (1 µΩ to 2000 Ω)
- DC test current up to 10 A maximum
- 0.25% measurement accuracy
- Integrated demagnetization feature
- Tests operation of on-load tap-changers
- Very fast auto safety discharge circuit
The MTO210 transformer ohmmeter is a line-operated, field-portable instrument designed specifically to measure the dc resistance of all types of magnetic windings safely and accurately. It can test transformers and rotating machine windings and perform low-current resistance measurements on connections, contacts and control circuits.
The Transformer Ohmmeter is extremely useful when testing the windings and contact resistance of tap-changers with “make-before-break” contacts and voltage regulators. This action will check for pitted or misaligned contacts as the instrument will give an indication if either condition occurs.
Guide to transformer winding resistance measurements
Transformer Tap Changer Testing